I am heading out to Affiliate Summit West 2013 in tomorrow, so I need to get all of my stuff in order. The last thing I need is to be running in circles looking for my phone charger at the last minute.
Anyhow, I figured I’d share items I typically bring to a conference.
While some of these things won’t apply to you, maybe they’ll help give you ideas or help remember to grab something you were about to forget.
- Address of your hotel. Ever gotten to a city and forgot where you were staying. I have – what a pain. Caesars Palace is at 3570 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 and the main phone is (702) 731-7110.
- Phone, camera and laptop charger. We’ll have a power station at Affiliate Summit (sponsored by Ifrah Law), so keep your charger on you for emergency juice.
- Cable to transfer pictures to your computer. Be sure to tag them with the tag: ASW13.
- Phone – seems automatic, but I got halfway to the airport before I realized I didn’t have it a couple years ago. Also, install the Affiliate Summit West 2013 app!
- Laptop and iPad. I like to have the full-sized laptop for work in my room, but the iPad for use during the conference – light alternative for lugging around to check stats, email, etc.
- Elevator pitch: summarize you company or latest project in about 15 seconds.
- Plenty of business cards. I’ve never regretted having to bring a stack home, but have kicked myself for running out. Here is my metal business card, in case we don’t cross paths.
- Comfortable shoes. Lots of walking around Caesars Palace and Las Vegas. You can go and wear your fancy shoes, but I’ll have my comfy Brooks Adrenaline GPS12′s on.
- Snacks, water, and energy drinks for the room. If you don’t want to pack them, there is a Walgreens a short hike from Caesars Palace.
- Power strip.
- Conference agenda – you’ll get a printed version when you check in for Affiliate Summit, but you can also see the latest version of the Affiliate Summit West 2013 agenda online to make plans.
- Work up your schedule of where you want to go and whom you want to meet. We’ve got an interactive schedule tool to make this easy for you.
- Gum and/or cough drops for all of the talking and nice breath maintenance.
- Burt’s Bees lip balm. Those lips get dry from all the talking and dry air.
- Purell or other hand sanitizer – with the flu going around hard, bring some sanitizer and use it!
- Vitamins and various remedies – I like to bring some aspirin, Advil, Airborne Blast of Vitamin C, and Zicam Pre-Cold medicine.
- Cash money.
- Copies of your important documents, ID, and credit cards, either on paper or scanned to a protected area of your HD. In the event you lose your wallet or purse, you will be able to have some record of your identity.
- Printed out confirmations for your conference registration, flight, hotel, party RSVPs, etc.
- Extra paper and pens. I like to do a daily brain dump of ideas and plans, and then organize the thoughts on the trip home.
- Courage! Nobody bites. Meet people and build your business. Start now with our social network.
Did I miss anything?
For the good of everybody, I am not going to make clothing suggestions, as I am fashion challenged myself. You don’t want that sort of advice from me. I’ll be wearing an Affiliate Summit Staff shirt (don’t worry – a new one each day!) for the three days of Affiliate Summit.
But check the Las Vegas weather to guide your wardrobe – it looks to be below freezing at night and not so much above freezing during the day.
See you in Las Vegas for Affiliate Summit!